Kirklevington As an ancient parish, it included the townships of Castlelevington, Picton and Low Worsall, which became established as separate parishes in 1866. It formed part of the Stokesley Rural District from 1894 to 1974, when it became part of the borough of Stockton. The village was once home to the famous Kirklevington Country Club. Pieces from the Viking crosses, dating from 10th century, found in Kirklevington, which may have been the centre of a large Anglo-Saxon estate, are on display at Preston Hall Museum in Stockton on Tees. Later it was a planned two row green village. Traces of four fields of ridge & furrow marking the possible site of a deserted medieval village are to be found at Red Hall Farm. The local names of "Castle Hill" & "Castle Levington " refer to a "castle" on the banks of the River Tees 1.25 miles ENE of the village but still in the parish of Kirklevington.
About Our Village Hall
The hall is an independent, registered charity, run by a committee of trustees drawn from the village. The building is modern, gas centrally heated, and available for hire not only to villagers but external people. Facilities include 2 halls of differing sizes; well equipped kitchen; bar area; a private balcony meeting room; snooker room; toilets and a disabled toilet. Outside, there is a car park and disabled access ramp. Adjacent, in Pump Lane, is a public grassy area with play equipment owned by the parish council. We hire for a huge variety of functions e.g. wedding receptions; wakes; christenings; adult and child’s parties; keep fit activities; dance classes; jumble sales; coffee mornings etc
The Village Hall can also be used for weddings, birthday parties and conferences.....
How To Book The Facilities
Secretary Mr Grant Grieve Tel 01642 782807 firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on this page is provided by the hall committee. Hiring will be subject to a formal Hiring Agreement between the hall committee and the hirer. Current hire charges can be obtained from the contact person named above.